Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Art Institute


Okay, I'm stumped where I got this shirt -specifically-.
I thought that I got my red Ai shirt from when I was entering or exiting school. When they had orientation I was given a shirt like this, but I was also given a similar shirt when we graduated and were going though the exiting formalities. I'm just assuming this from here. I may have gotten it at another random function when they were handing them out as a promotion. Man, I'll go nuts for free shirts, that's so sad!
This shirt is bland and it makes me feel bland. White is cheap, and it even has a small printing area with average ink quality. As you saw from yesterday's shirt, white doesn't stand up well against time or spills. I already have the other Ai shirt and I rarely uses that as it is. They're a private institution and they know what they're doing when it comes to merchandising, I cant hold that against them. I think I'm gonna end up shelving this one after today.
The actual design is exactly the same as the other Ai shirt. Well it's white, but other than that, it's the same. On the left of the chest is the "Ai" logo in red. Below that is the full title of the school: "The Art Institute of California - Orange County". This is one of many many trade schools across the nation, they may not have a great name in the community but they taught me enough to get by.
This may be a slight step up from the other shirt in retrospect. A white shirt will fit in with a formal occasion better than the red one so maybe it would be a good idea to keep it around. There are times like meeting other college kids, parents or even semi-business casual parties. Other students would probably scoff at someone wearing this shirt since they know they're handed out and that wearing a shirt promoting a for-profit school that I already paid tuition at is twisted and wrong. The only hope is that I am wearing it ironically to keep the man down.

I think the best advice for a college experience is to network. I learned it in a roundabout way but it still holds true. Going to a good school with a good reputation gives you a good looking resume. When someone asks me about this shirt I get to go though the whole graphic designer thing and my post-grad story. It's an appropriate shirt for me, I just don't wanna have someone catch me from a college that runs TV ads at like midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment