Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Reno, Nevada: Star of the West EST. 1868


Got this one from Mom and Dad.
They brought it back from a road trip to Reno. Probably at one of the many many cheap gift shops around there.
What I received was a standard brown graphic tee. It's a medium, great!
It says RENO, NEVADA: Star of the West. It's really non confrontational, I don't think that anyone would take much offense to this shirt. It's Screened on in 2 colors in blue and white. It takes up the long standardized style of  athletics department shirts. And it's got a happy little sun to really break the mold.
I'll give it to this one that it's one of my more normal shirts. While trying to stay away from the norm I accumulate a lot of shirts that do just that. This fact makes a really stereotypical one stand out in my collection. The design is pretty "cool," its got the stencil and has that pre-worn feeling so you can trick people into thinking you've had this shirt from Reno for a long time, or that you paid a lot more to have it stressed. (Ohh yeah, big rolling in Reno...)
A safe bet for a t-shirt (pardon the pun). This is a "hey look I'm not a nerd" shirt for me. I can wear this and just be like yeah, don't even look at the shirt, it's not about what I wear, it's about who I am.

The great town of Reno, Nevada and its Mysteries. This shirt does not have a story because it's a low key shirt that I wear when I want to not make an expression with my shirt. This one time, I wore this shirt and had a normal experience. I went to a party and hung out with a bunch of people, my friends, new friends and even girls! They didn't mention my shirt at all! And we ended up talking about our interests, dreams, and feelings, it was just fantastic. And no shirts were harmed in the making of this evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment