Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hard Rock Cafe: San Francisco


I got this one from the only place you can get it, the Hard Rock Cafe in San Francisco.
It was easily picked up on a trip across the Golden Gate Bridge to "the city."
It is a standard white cotton deal, rough for stain avoiding but good for looking fresh and bright.
On the front we've got the classic logo and a blank back. They use these same designs for their shirts all over the world. It's standard, but the key here is the location, even if you know the shirt you might not know the location. Today it's San Francisco. Being a Hard Rock Cafe shirt it comes with unwritten slogan of "Love all Serve all."
We've definitely got a historic shirt here. When I wear this it shows off a little wild side (they think you're into rock) and its got a cool little story of where you got it (they think you're well traveled). Its very simple and I feel like it's a relic of a time where this mindset of love and rock & roll prevailed. In my head, it's cool to be into music, especially rock music.
I grab this shirt when I wanna mix it up from my usual black graphic tees. If I'm going somewhere where I want to downplay the nerd and bring out the Indie or Alternative, I'll pick this one. The key is that with a San Fransisco shirt you immediately channel the idea of the Haight-Ashbury era, and with it, the hippie and free love movement. Because of this, the shirt has a groovy feeling to it, and I love it.

When if first moved down to southern California I wore this to middle school. It was a chance to get a new image, a different persona, a cool, rock liking, free thinking facade. It also doubled as a great talking piece, being from San Francisco I could at least have a familiar place that I could discuss and have a chance tell my story. I have a collection of these types of shirts that I wore the first few weeks and picked up the nick name "hard rock" for a day or so before I met my good friends who quickly found out my actual grooviness level.

No comments:

Post a Comment