Thursday, March 24, 2011

C.U.E.


My mom got this thing from the conference she went to this weekend.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that she got this for free. Either for presenting, registering or attending. Maybe she even paid for it on some spur of the moment impulse. Since it has the date and year on the back I'll bet you can only get it from the C.U.E. conference this year and it won't be printed again.
This is a good shirt to have in the collection because it makes it look like I care. In this case it's about learning and innovation in education. It's a medium with average printing but was free, so who cares how long it lasts, I may not even wear it again.
The logo on the front is very basic: It is a circle with a little black outline and the letters "CUE", also has a star above it. CUE stands for "Computer Using Educators" and is a national conference for educators. The back says a whole bunch of stuff in a big red box. Along the top it says "Ignite, Inspire & Innovate Learning" CUE's tagline for 2011. In the box it repeats the "Ignite Inspire Innovate" but in a like script font. It also has the date and location along the bottom, "Palm Springs, March 17-19,2011". The image that this all centers around is a kid with what looks like an iPad, plus there are some crazy formulas emanating from the device. It appears that he is learning about rockets, and a rocket is launching out of his head -inspiring and alarming at the same time-. The last thing on the design is the artist's signature. His name is Peter H. Reynolds and you can find out more about his art on his website.
http://www.cue.org/conference/
http://www.peterhreynolds.com/
Today is the first time I have ever worn this shirt. I like wearing volunteer or educational shirts out in the general public. It makes it look like I might be a philanthropist or an educator, or at least someone who cares about the world around them. Since I have been to a few of these conferences I can hold a pretty good conversation if need be.

What is there to remember? I've had this shirt for about 2 days... Well I wore it today and had a Matrix trilogy marathon. I had been almost dreading this post since I have nothing to say about it. My mom had all the best intentions getting this shirt for me -since she follows Momentees- but all I can say is that there is another shirt from the same trip coming soon. Thursday is the day that Moke usually comes over so him and Evan and I watched some movies and joked about how difficult writing this entry was going to be.
PS. I made this weird face to lighten up this bland/random shirt choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment