Monday, March 7, 2011

Joe Jost's 75th Anniversary



I straight don't remember where I got this shirt from. I am almost to 100 shirts and this was bound to happen at some point right? How many of you can remember where you got every single one of your shirts? Come on! Well, I do have an inclining by the nature of the shirt; I haven't been to Joe Jost's and don't buy alcohol themed shirts for myself. Either I got it as a gift from a friend or as a freebie leftover.
Since this is the 75th anniversary version of the shirt you can't get it anymore. You can get other Joe Jost's apparel at their website though.
http://www.joejosts.com/
Alcohol themed tees are hard to come by in my collection. I don't have too many, but this one is part of another rare set, shirts with pockets. I never have to use a shirt with a pocket but they are nice to have around anyway. In general, I think grey shirts are cool because they don't make you look like an emo or goth person, like a black shirt would, and they have more character than a bland white shirt. The printing is fine but the size is Large, so it doesn't fit me very well.
The reason that this shirt stands out is the pocket on the left chest. Just above the pocket it says "Joe Jost's 75th Anniversary" on little celebratory ribbons. Between them it has the years they've been open, "1924 - 1999" and has one of their famous "schooners", a giant glass filled with Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. On the back is the same kind of Image: At the top it says "Long Beach, CA" and reiterating the "Seventy-Fifth anniversary". In the center is the same schooner but with some added pickled eggs and grains.
BEER SHIRT! I mean really, you can't wear this to anywhere proper or with an under 21 crowd. Beer shirts are best utilized with bros, or at the least somewhere people are drinking. The problem is only a certain kind of girl would be okay with this shirt, or you would have to be a certain length into the relationship. This shirt is best for hanging around with your best friends.

I use this extremely casually, so all of my memories of the shirt are from sitting in front of the TV, eating salty snacks, watching movies or playing video games with friends. At the time the shirt was printed I was like 13, too young to buy alcohol, know about this bar or have lived in southern California. If they made these shirt now it would be their 87th anniversary, impressive that they've been around this long to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment