Friday, January 28, 2011

Super Mario is Thinking Princess Peach


This was a gift from Bobby's sister Jackie for my birthday.
She gave it to me with another shirt that you will probably see a little later on -a Green Lantern Blackest Night one-. An awesome birthday gift, clearly just what I wanted.
I don't know if she asked Bobby what size I am or just assumed but it's a medium and fits perfect. This is an officially licensed item that was purchased from a store -compared to the freebies and handouts that I usually scrounge-. That means that the fabric and ink are of high quality and I don't expect them to break down for a long time. I don't have too many colored shirts so a bright blue one is a welcome addition. You can pick one of these up on Amazon:
http://amzn.com/B00484A6DK
This is a traditional rendering of Peach and Mario. Nintendo has recently realized that more technical or detailed depictions of their characters don't sell as well. The picture is the Mario we all know in his jumping pose -this Mario is circa Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES-. He is thinking about Princess Peach, who I'm sure he's on his way to save. There's also another version of this shirt that's got him thinking about a mushroom but Peach is way better.
I suppose you could wear this to pick up girls? They would have to have grown up with Mario or at least be familiar with the franchise. It does however make a nice litmus test for finding just the right people. In general I love retro gaming and want to spread the awesomeness off it, this shirt does a great job of it.

I had played Super Mario Bros. first back when I was a little kid. They still stick with me, even with all the new upgrades and versions. I mean why play Mario Galaxy 2 when Super Mario Bros. 3 is a better game? Every once in a while we'll have random retro games nights where we play single, versus, or co-op of any 8 to 16-bit game we can get our hands on. I'll happily play new games, they just need to be better and have their own original ideas, separate from these old games. Anyone who purchases or wears an old school gaming accessory like this better mean it, and be ready to throw down in the dojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment