Monday, January 31, 2011

Hard Rock Cafe - Tijuana



This shirt was bought for me by my dad.
We picked this up on a road trip to Mexico. We stopped by the Hard Rock Cafe gift shop down near the end of Revolución boulevard, the main tourist street in Tijuana.
This authentic shirt fits and looks great. I actually got it quite a long time ago so I had purchased a small. It fits really well now though. Like all my white shirts I have a fear of stains. Which came up in this shirt, you might even be able to make it out in the picture.
Of all the places that I've visited the Hard Rock Cafe at, Tijuana had the most music. As you walk up and down the main street you can hear the music booming from every bar, club and restaurant. The design is like a few of the other ones I have. It is the 90s era logo featuring the bevel and embossed letters for The "Hard Rock Cafe". This one is so standard that it could easily get lost in with my other shirts -except for brown spots on the front-.
I like to wear this anytime there's a raucous party. Something on the level of a Vegas trip or a bachelor party. "TJ" -at least a few years ago- was the place to go to get away from it all. A far off destination where you could let it all out, be a rich American, get black-out drunk, wake up in a Mexican holding cell and have to bribe your way out and hitchhike home. That's what I mean when I wear this shirt. And I hope that everyone else has that same idea of Tijuana.

One of my most memorable times in Tijuana, was on my 18th birthday when Mike, Dennis, my dad and I all drove down to Mexico. We ended up missing some of the pre-school year functions but we had an awesome time buying contraband, getting propositioned, and eating delicious tacos. My dad and I went back there with just the two of us a few years later. We stayed in a pretty nice hotel and gambled on some horses. We actually came out ahead, and ironically they had a simulcast of the Los Alamitos track going that night too.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm.. its been a while, but isn't it on Revolucion blvd? not constitution? Regardless, killer tee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh it totally is! Made that correction! I think it's scary with drugs and violence now.

    ReplyDelete