Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Woody's Diner




This shirt was a casual gift that was purchased for me. No special occasion, they just thought I would like it.
My mom actually got this for me back when we were looking for cars to by for when I got my driver's licence. For some reason I thought those station wagons with the wood paneling on the side were really cool and I wanted to get one. It turns out that they're super expensive so that never happened. Because I didn't end up getting one, this shirt showed up as a consolation prize a few months later. You can get these at any of their restaurant locations.
http://www.woodysdiners.com
I don't have many dark blue shirts. I do have many dark black shirts, so this fits in with the trend at least. In my collection of way-more-shirts-than-anyone-one-person-should-ever-need a shirt with a pocket comes along once in a blue moon. Today that far off dream has become a reality! I mean really, who wears casual shirts with pockets anymore? I suppose it's good if you've got your pocket protector going on but it's not really my thing. There was a while when my dad was really into them and he could put his phone or glasses or what have you in there while he was working on something. I hate putting stuff in there 'cuz it feels too heavy and I'm afraid that I will lose it somehow. The shirt itself is a "beefy tee" and a medium so at least it is of nice quality and fits me well.
On the front of this shirt is the pocket, how awesome is that? Just above the pocket is the logo for the restaurant. It says "Woody's Diner" in a script font with a bright red hue. It was screened on in just one color on the front but the ink is of very high quality which has not cracked and is quite vibrant. On the back of the shirt is the Woody's Diner logo with a traditional "Woody" station wagon and surfboards hanging out the back. Defiantly a slice of Americana with the palm trees in the background, all it needs is a bright blue sky to top it off. Below the car is their motto, "Best Burgers to Flop a Lip Over". At the very bottom are all of their locations: Huntington Beach, Sunset Beach, Glendale - California. Woody's is a Denny's style dinner that serves breakfast and very "American" style food: steaks, hot dogs, burgers, etc.
This is a shirt that I usually end up wearing after a lot of my other shirts are in the laundry. Maybe if I was going to the beach or something this would be fun. It's really a fun shirt to wear on vacation because it's so American. A shirt with bold retro graphics represents the California beach cities well and I like to proudly display where I am from or parts of my life. This is a good shirt for me, it's not my traditional nerd attire but it's another aspect of my personality -albeit a small piece-.

The process to get my first car was fairly involved and exhaustive. There was a firm limit as to how much we were looking to spend. The type of car I wanted to get was quickly defined in my head. I suppose I had my whole life to come up with preferences and ideas as to what I wanted to drive. It had to be something reliable and safe if my parents were going to help me and of course it had to be fairly cheap or really used. These few parameters narrowed my search quite a bit. That is where the challenge comes in though. With all of my friends getting cars around that age I felt the urge to set myself apart. One can do this in many ways while keeping a low budget: find a very old car, find a foreign car, try a different type than a car -maybe a bike or a truck or a coupe-, get a very used car, or get crazy lucky on a deal for a nice car, and of course there's always the option of customization. In the end my dad and I went to a car auction and found my car. The bidding got pretty intense by the end since it was just dad and one other guy but he stuck to his guns -went a little over budget- and won my Eclipse!
http://www.bid2000.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment