Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rut-Ro!



I had my mom buy this and then give it to me as a gift for my birthday or Christmas.
We were actually shopping for new clothes and shoes for me at the time. But I spotted this table of graphic tees and jumped in. Of all places, I got this from JCPenney.
Since it was from a department store it's really high quality. The fabric is really solid and the ink is super thick. The ink is so thick that is actually like a sixteenth of an inch off the front of the shirt; you can feel the raised edge. I've given this shirt a lot of use so that really nice ink has actually broken off and has seen some serious cracking. Navy blue, though, is a nice alternative to my normal black, and the red/white/blue contrast isn't half bad either.
If you somehow don't know, this is a Scooby-Doo t-shirt. There's nothing on the back, the front is Scooby's trademark phrase "Rut-Ro!" It is super classic, and really obvious. Although, it does not directly state that it is Scooby-Doo -there are no characters or logos-. It's in a big, scary font like the title sequence from the show.
I like this shirt. If I see it in the drawer I'll grab it. It's very non-confrontational; a shirt I can be comfortable wearing anywhere a graphic tee is appropriate. It rarely goes over some one's head, it never offends and it's great with kids! Because Scooby-Doo has been around for so long almost everyone gets it and connects, even if it's just a small gesture. I like wearing this especially around Halloween time because it becomes a tad more relevant. BOO!

This shirt is inversely awesome to yesterday's shirt. Where yesterday, I disliked hearing people bringing up stupid references, I enjoy people quoting funny/nostalgic references! Every time I wear this someone inevitably goes "Rut-Ro!" I am often surprised how much people need to read the shirt out loud. Even today, at the gas station, someone rolled up to the pump across from mine and -while still in the car- yelled to me out the window. It's one of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment