Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tron: Evolution the video game



This shirt was given too me by a cool dude at the Disney booth.
I got it this year at E3. You could have only received it from that booth this year when they were promoting the movie/game. First, you would have to know that they were giving them out, then be in the right place at the right time. The right place was near their lightcycle and the right time was just after watching their 5 min long trailer for the game which screened every 30 minutes or so.
Black?! Graphic on the front?! Franchise I like?! AWWW YEEEAHHHH. The sweet spot. All my shirts match at least a few of these categories. I like these styles and am stoked when I get more, especially for free. I talked to the rep handing them out and snagged a medium.
The front has the logo for the movie TRON and the subtitle is for the video game: "Evolution" in that cold blue neon that they have become known for. It says, "the video game" just in case you didn't know right off the bat. To be fair there is a game from 2003 and a comic and another video game so I don't blame them too much for making it clear. On the back is a BIG identity disk. Every character in the movie has one of these and they store all of the data from when they are created on it. The programs also use it as a weapon and a key, it's a very important piece of your life on the grid. The identity disk is printed with thick ink and is very detailed. The coolest part? The lights on the disk totally Glow-in-the-dark!
This will probably be the last Tron themed shirt that I'll be wearing for a while. I have worn a bunch on here in a short period of time and I am sorry for being redundant. It happens to be something I am super excited for and into this season and want everyone to know it. Maybe it'll be something else next month. I will be wearing this to any function where a graphic tee can be worn. It is stylish and bold. I would love to tell anyone about the story of Tron and gush about how much I am infatuated with it. Well maybe infatuated is a bad word but like... umm... crazy into it suffice to say.

I just wore this shirt to the Flynn Lives secret screening at Downtown Disney. I could have worn one of my other Flynn Lives shirts, but I had already used them up and did not want to repeat -since I am trying to avoid that with this blog-. I was excited to see other people wearing their exclusive Flynn Lives and other Tron related shirts. The cool thing, however, was that nobody else was wearing this particular one. It is a rare item among rare items -my favorite kind of loot-. You can bet when I walked into the theater and the lights went down I had a big glowing identity disk on my back. When I first got to Downtown Disney, I spotted someone else with a Tron shirt, I pointed at his, he saw mine, and we exchanged a silent nod -we were both going to the secret screening (awesome)-.

No comments:

Post a Comment