Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Akamai

 I'm running out of ways to say that I was given this shirt. I got it for free, it was a gift, maybe a souvenir, etc.
My mom got it from some tech convention from some random sale associate pitching free shirts and service contracts. Okay, the shirt is super rare but who cares? You really couldn't go out one day and be like, "I'm gonna get an Akamai shirt!" But let's not kid ourselves, no one's doing that.
The actual quality and design isn't half bad. The ink stays on there pretty well and I haven't seen any cracks yet either. Black shirts with some strong logos are really great and I love them in my collection. This one in particular has a wave on it, which I attribute to a west coast beach culture -even if that's not what it's really about-. At this point I get these, wear them for a day and they start collecting dust. That's really what this blog is all about, giving these shirts a day in the sun so I don't feel bad about chucking them.
On the front and back is the "Akamai" logo with a little blue swirl/wave deal and orange font. It's professional looking -which is more than I can say for a lot of the free shirts that come though here-. The back even has some nice lines and shapes creating an "ocean" or "current" kind of shape which I appreciate. On top of the wave it has their slogan "Catch the WAVE", which is a fun phrase but I don't quite know how it applies to what they do. Which -after I looked up their website- has something to do with internet backbone management.
http://www.akamai.com
After wearing all these random shirts I just realized that people probably think I have horrible fashion sense. Wearing crappy brands and companies with no name recognition on low quality fabric sets a clear tone. I want to believe that there is some ubernerd who knows what Akamai does and thinks to themself that I am really into internet technology -I am, but not that hardcore-.

Who am I kidding, no one ever comments on these random tech shirts. Even if I were to go to one of the specific conventions with this shirt it wouldn't get any attention. All these do is add another page to this insane blog and take up space. That's another one down and like months to go! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment