Monday, May 9, 2011

Wii




As I wind down the shirts, more and more of the donated ones are left.
On the upside the donated ones from Moke are awesome. This was a GameStop exclusive -if memory serves-. It is similar to the ones that the Nintendo reps use when they're at conventions or out as salespeople. I'm kind if on the fence because it doesn't boast and say GameStop on it somewhere like the Bloodlines shirt did. Moke got this from working near the Wii's release as they were taking pre-orders. Gotta keep your subscriptions, trade ins, gamecards and preorder numbers up! You'd have to go to eBay for these now.
The idea behind this is that the Wii was an active gaming console. Well their gimmick for this system was motion control and that idea was supposedly reflected in this shirt. Other than the one jersey I might have, this is my only "athletic" fabric top. I've never needed one but it doesn't hurt to be prepared, right? The shirt is weird though, it's an extra large but still fits like a medium. I think that they're suppose to be really tight and it fits like a normal shirt since it is so loose. Maybe it fit Moke well.
This is a very modern tee. The fabric is advanced and the design is refined. Or it could be really trite for a sports shirt and I have no idea since this is like he only one that I've worn. On the front is the "Wii" logo in white. The ink is extra thick to prevent wear and tear from "exercise" and sweat I assume -even when you pinch or pick at the text it doesn't peel or crack-. At the base of the neck on the back it has the "Nintendo" logo and on the very bottom it says "Wii Believe". To be honest, I don't remember this tagline but it's sensible. What may have happened is that Nintendo used the "Wii Believe" slogan for another hip, fit, demographic and I was completely out of that area so I never was exposed to it.
This is the first time that I'm wearing it but I chose to bring it to work. The hope being that fellow "video game enthusiasts" will appreciate a rare, promotional piece of loot. Especially so since they were probably working here at the time and weren't eligible to receive this shirt. The coolest part is that they make Mario Galaxy or "Nintendo" or "retro" gaming shirts but seldom do they make an official, retail, blatant video game system logo design.

I mean why not right? This is a cool shirt that I found out really breathes. Walking to my car was super cold because apparently this shirt was made for exercise and being outdoors -but in the sun or gym I guess (or that when you work out you get hot)-. No big mentions really today but sometimes wearing cool, rare, industry shirts gets some cred. Like as you wear awesome tees people -subconsciously or not- begin to think that you're in the know. I want to wear this like ten or twenty years down the line. As if it were the NES or Atari and be like "This is where I came from" or "This was once the future".

No comments:

Post a Comment