Friday, May 13, 2011

Protein Science


A shirt from Moke! Thanks!
Um... Yeah... So the story behind this is a little complicated. The odds of me laying my hands on this shirt without knowing Moke were non-existent. He was able to get it because his family works in a related field. They got this shirt as a promotional gift. Now I assume they didn't keep it for any number of reasons: size, color, ... its really random cowboy reference.
EXTRA-LARGE! Awwww yeah. Nice. *sigh* Orange is a nice change though. Along with the Agent Orange shirt this is one of my only orange shirts, cool. The cowboys on the the front And back cover up the medical science geekery. I'm not saying that I was looking for a shit like this but I can't give up a free shirt.
On the front there is a silhouette of a traditional cowboy rearing his horse on the horizon. Below him it says "Protein Science - The New Frontier". Now what I didn't notice on the first viewing of this shirt was in the "sunset" area. If you look closely you can make out a protein gel that they use for DNA testing -it's what the company makes-. On the back is the same silhouette of a cowboy just really really tiny. Below him is a nifty little break and the words "PAGEr Precast Gels". On the left sleeve it says "Cambrex" in a metallic blue. Apparently they are a company that produces medical supplies and chemicals.
The audience for a shirt like this has got to be under a thousand, maybe smaller. Basically they want people to  buy this very particular medical supply. I could care less, in my opinion it's just a cool orange shirt with a cowboy on it. The number of people who notice the protein gel will be a small percentage and the ones who recognize the company will be one in a million. But, if someone does know the good people at Cambrex, then we can have an awesome conversation about "Protein Science", I guess.

K, well no one noticed this shirt and it's really big. Any cool memories that come from this shirt are going to be forced. As if someone ever noticed it I would then have to be all, "Hey, hey, take a look here behind the cowboy- no, no he's not important -see? They're DNA strands or whatever." Then I can fully explain what a Precast Gel is and we'll all have a good laugh, and learn something too! Though I'll probably need the assistance of Wikipedia or something. It'll be totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment