Friday, May 27, 2011

HP. Technology That Moves You.


This shirt was given to me by my mom.When she gets back from a business trip she has a little coming home ceremony. Once she brings all her stuff inside and gets settled she'll bring everyone into where she's unpacking. After giving an overall report on the trip she starts getting out little gifts and trinkets that were collected along the way. Usually everyone gets something fun, but if it was a conference, a shirt or two will probably be in there. And of course photos are to come later, she just needs to finish unpacking, just wait a sec, jeez.
The shirt itself is made from nice fabric and the ink seems passable. The tag on the neck doesn't seem to have a size on it but I'm going to assume that it's a large or maybe even an extra large -well you can see by the pic how big it looks on me-. I didn't think that i had another HP shirt after Tuesday's but here we are. I had long forgotten about this shirt, and with good reason, by the folds/wrinkles it seems that I probably never wore it. I'm not the biggest fan of white shirts -as you hopefully already know-. They're always a stain risk and -at least with all the shirts I get- the white ones mean that the company couldn't spring for a screen print or a colored shirt.
The design is more complex than the "who's got your back" shirt but it doesn't seem to say more with it. The front has two interlocking blue and green arrows. The style is fresh and clean while keeping on target with the overall aesthetic. Below the arrows it says "HP. Technology that moves you." Which might not be such a bad phrase fro a graphic tee, something like "Technology moves me~". On the back is the actual "HP - Invent" logo -as opposed to the other shirt that just said 'hp' in standard font-. Below that is the particular branch of their company that is being pitched with this shirt: "HP Mobile Solutions". That part of the company is solely responsible for handling mobile integration into a work/school/residential environment -though I'm sure they're aimed at business to business from this particular convention-.
http://www.hp.com/united-states/wireless/index.html
Sometimes I hope that people think I work for these companies. Or maybe I could be a rep who gets all these shirts from people I meet in the industry. People like that exist right? Hopping flights all over the country to rub elbows with corporate shills, meeting in strip bars, draining expense accounts, living the high life and bartering units and jobs like chess pieces. Yeah... I could really get used to the idea of that. Then again it's only suckers who end up wearing shirts like this -let alone blogging about them-. Anyone who was really in a position like that would be wearing a suit.

I sort of randomly picked this shirt out this morning. Kind of not though, I turned down some other more interesting shirts in favor of this one -because I wasn't planning on going out too much today-. Sadly, this shirt will probably be a donation later on, unless I can find some super-appropriate occasion for it. Went to Fry's today and I was like 'this close' to dropping an HP reference, it was on the tip of my tongue. Bleh, it's got so much stuff on it that I won't even be able to reuse it for other designs -that sounds like a challenge-.

No comments:

Post a Comment