Friday, November 19, 2010

Blue Man Group




This shirt was purchased for me at the show as a souvenir.
It's basically a tour shirt so it can only be bought at that hotel or at least just in Vegas while they were performing.
This is a slightly more premium shirt than I am used to. It does not have a blatant logo or graphic on the front to attract a lot of attention. It's nice and subtle on the front and the print on the back is super nice. You might pay a little extra for high quality like this. As black graphic tees go, I'm quite satisfied.
The front is just the title of their show and the current venue: "Blue Man Group - Live at Luxor." It's small and inoffensive, screened in white and red. The real show is on the back. It features the group covered in color from one of the sets in their performance. The vibrant contrast of the bright hues on the black background really stands out and the ink is very high quality, so even after years of wear it's still striking.
I really enjoyed the show when I went so I like to wear this shirt as a reminder. It has been in my regular lineup for a long time now. While I don't actively look to wear this one -since the group has fallen into obscurity- I do enjoy it when it comes around. Most people either know them from back when they had TV commercials or have seen the show. When someone has seen them live this shirt wins because we can talk about it and the nearly once in a lifetime experience that seeing it creates. I also like to show it off since it kind of brags that you went to a Vegas show; makes you seem a bit higher class -or lower- ¬_¬

The show is out of this world. It truly combines all elements, visual and auditory, into one seamless mind candy buffet. It is almost difficult to explain. Think Daft Punk with a kindergarten crafts class, and add in like a thousand people. Anytime I meet someone who likes Blue Man Group and sees the shirt, they're typically ready to gush about their "unique" experience. From everyone I've talked to, it seems like the show hasn't changed much over time so the experiences are very relatable. It really does feel like a magical thing, even if they do like 10 shows a week.
http://www.blueman.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment