Monday, November 15, 2010

Hooters - Wichita, KS



This classy shirt was a gift from my brother Lars.
I can only assume that he picked it up from his local Hooters back when he lived in Wichita. You can pick up a similar shirt right here:
http://www.hootersgear.com/Merch/MerchItemDetail.aspx?webitem_seq=1269
I like this because it's just one or two steps up from a standard advertising/graphic tee. It's printed on the back and the front -in fairly thick ink,- has a patch on the arm, and has like this glitter thing going on in the silver parts -which is unique if nothing else.-
On the front it's got the Hooters logo nice and big across the chest with the owl, the location and the classic Hooters orange color. The sleeve features a patch that is soft felt with some silver embroidery celebrating the 20th anniversary. On the back, in the same silver ink, is their 20th anniversary slogan, "A delightfully double decade."
This shirt is fun to wear around for most occasions. It is in my regular lineup and has been for several years now. Obviously you can't wear it everywhere but it is one of those shirts where you feel free or independent when you don it. Just as you would wearing a team jersey or a Hawaiian shirt, it's an article of clothing that you put on just for you, screw anyone else. Also, it works well for me because, just from a first look, or even if you know me, I'm not really a "Hooters" kind of guy. So this can go as a me being manly-cool or a me being ironic shirt lol.

Since this shirt just comes up from time to time it gets worn on neutral occasions when no one cares, but also on special occasions when it's awesomely inappropriate. So, I went to work one day with this on. It was a pretty standard day but I forgot that they were having a party for our department doing well on a project or something. Well, what was the worst that could happen? As the party goes on the president comes down and congratulates us all on a job well done! And then this shirt is officially out of place... Oh, but that's not all; everyone, it's time to get together for a group photo! ^_^;; Hmm, I didn't even realize that I was wearing this shirt at the time. Suffice to say there's some picture that got sent to corporate in Japan, featuring very happy employees and Hooters >_< One of my coworkers noticed afterwards and commented, "I just noticed you're wearing that shirt. That is awesomely inappropriate for today." It was that moment when I realized what just happened, I took this comment as a compliment to my laissez-faire lifestyle and went the rest of the day hoping that this wouldn't come back to bite me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment