Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Govenator - California




Had to buy this for myself the second I saw it.
Okay, well not the second I saw it 'cuz it was in a gift shop in John Wayne airport and we had a flight to catch. I made a vow to pick it up when we landed and were exiting the airport on our return flight. So I did, and I am so glad I did. you can get one online here:
http://bit.ly/gfM1bS
This is a pretty low quality shirt. It's just white ink screened on the front of a black shirt. They had it in medium so +1 to its score. The ink isn't even that good because you can see it cracking in the text areas. But I love me some black shirts with graphics so ha.
This shirt is only about 1 thing: Arnold Schwarzenegger. The shirt prominently features the T-800 terminator that Arnold played and the words "The Govenator." This has been a popular nickname that has been floating around since his election. This shirt is perfect to sell to tourists but as a native it was great to pick up this piece of political memorabilia.
This is one of my favorites and has been in my normal shirt circulation for a few years now. The overuse of this classic has caused some wear over time but, in my opinion, that only increases the legitimacy of this piece of umm... Californi-cana? I wear this as often as I can because while Arnold may not be the best governor for California, he sure as hell can take on any other governor in the union -and then hit them with his Hummer- and I want everyone to be aware of that fact.

I love California for the girls, the laid back attitude, the weather, and of course our kick-ass governor. We're the cool kid of the States. I am proud for all of these reasons and when I go abroad I try to make this one of the shirts I pack before I go. When in a foreign country -or anywhere outside California- I like to wear my state on my sleeve as it were. Everyone knows that Arnold is who he is but they want to know why we chose him as our governor. It's an amazing conversation starter and I can't get enough of the, "Arnold Schwarzenegger?! Why did you guys do that?" and I quickly reply with something like, "How could we not?! He's so Awesome!" Then we get into a long argument about education, marijuana, and health care. But really, everyone knows what the score is.

No comments:

Post a Comment