Friday, November 12, 2010

World of Coca-Cola - Atlanta




Got this as a souvenir from my Mom.
She got it from the gift shop at the World of Coca-Cola store in Atlanta on one of her business trips. I think you can only get this shirt from that particular location.
http://www.worldofcoca-cola.com/
A real basic graphic tee is what we've got here. I mean it was designed with people like me in mind. Medium, nothing on the back, fairly cheap cotton, and a big 'ol logo on the front so they know where you've been. The printing wasn't too bad but this was a while ago, and -like I said yesterday- it was hard to do full color on black fabric back then. That being said you can see it's gotten kind of worn down.
The graphic/logo on this shirt is kind of a modern take on the Coke brand. I think for their "World of" stores they have a sculpture resembling this out front. These flagship stores are a pretty cool place to go, they have free tastings and fun souvenirs. Since Coke is such a staple of Americana anything with its logo is immediately recognized and carries a certain amount of weight and history.
I don't really have a particular place I wear this shirt for. It has been in my standard lineup for like ever, and it shows in the wear and tear. Most people like Coke, I mean weather they drink it or not Coke has a huge "heartshare" of the market just from brand loyalty. Finding good Coca-Cola apparel isn't too hard, but at least this one is a bit more rare than most.

I had a love affair with Coke for awhile. Like drinking several cans a day and was always stocked. I love the fizzie-ness, the sugary sweetness, and the way it makes you feel. Also, the bitter rivalry between the Pepsi people and Coke people was fun while it lasted. My room has got more than one piece of Coke memorabilia, and the collector in me just keeps piling that stuff on. I actually stopped drinking Coke and all soda fairly recently in order to curb my sugar and caffeine intake -dropped a few pounds too.- To this day I still try to keep a few around for guests and stuff. I'll tell you though, traveling abroad, Coke is probably the easiest thing to order anywhere; if nothing else they've united the people under one red flag for delicious beverages.

No comments:

Post a Comment