Monday, November 1, 2010

"I'm surrounded by idiots"


My parents bought this shirt for me.
We got it at the merchandise counter at the Pantages Theater after seeing The Lion King musical. I'm sure it was overpriced =/
Hurray, another black shirt with a graphic on it! And it's pretty much in full color. A real standard.
This one's a bit sarcastic, which works for me. It has got Scar on it, but not just the movie version, it's the mask that was used in the musical version. So instead of having the human's face below it is just the animal mask, seeming as though it's alive. Since there isn't an animated version of this stage play, this is a rather unique style (separating the costumes from the actors). And wedded right under Scar's eyeball and like in half of his face is one of his famous one-liners, "I'm surrounded by idiots."
A great sarcastic remark to have people read on your shirt... as they are surrounding you. It's a modern play on "I'm with stupid," but it works! It's very cool at first glance, with the stylization of the character, you might not even know it's The Lion King if you haven't seen the musical. You might just catch that it is from the musical if you've seen it (then you're in the special club where you and I can talk about it). If you take an even longer look at the shirt, you can notice the quote and get slightly offended! Spectacular!
I like to wear this when I'm going out to somewhere where I don't really care if I make points or need to be the center of attention. Maybe somewhere I don't want to be in the first place. How about this, I'll pick this up if I'm going to Wal-Mart, lol. Yes, it's a pretty base shirt but I really like the design and black with a graphic was just my style at the time (still is).

This musical was Awesome! I would recommend anyone to go see it. It was one of the first Disney musical adaptations, and maybe the best. It really is as thrilling as the movie, and the live acting and singing really get you into the story and feeling they were going for. At the time I had been listening to the Rhythm of the Pridelands CD, which is like "songs inspired by The Lion King" and not the actual sound track, so when I went to the show it was all the songs I knew, I was so stoked and into it. I'd totally see it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment