Tuesday, November 9, 2010

NEED A HUG? - Alien Resurrection






















The shirt was a free promo item.
It was given to me by a "technician" at the Alien Resurrection booth this year at Comic-Con San Diego. It was a reward that you could only get after going into these "pods" and watching a trailer for the new Blu-Ray edition they had coming out later in the year.
http://www.alienanthology.com/
On the surface this is a cheap shirt. White on black screened words, it's as if they spared all expense. However the hidden print job on the inside is really what makes it all worth it. It is multicolored and well placed. I was super ticked though, because they already ran out of medium shirts earlier that day and then out of large shirts just as I got to the booth from waiting in line. So, yeah, this is an XL =(
The text reads, "NEED A HUG?" and on the back it says "Alien Anthology." The wicked awesome part of this shirt is the facehugger on the inside front of the shirt. In the movie, these are the little buggers who attack you and later an alien bursts out of your chest. So it's super cool that you can whip this over your head and pretend you just got grabbed!
I will wear this anywhere I think I might get asked and would be free to pull my shirt up over my head. I mean some places you just can't pull that off but if it's a chill crowd I'll go for it. The key is to make sure that they will get the reference. I mean, most people know Alien but I wouldn't risk it if the crowd was a bunch of non-nerdy types, 'cuz then I'd have to explain why I just exposed myself to them for some old sci-fi franchise. While it being a good conversation starter you might have to dig yourself out of a deeper hole than anticipated.

This shirt is awesome for making little moments. One of my favorites was: coming back from a meeting at work, we all jumped into the elevator. Someone commented on the shirt, "need a hug? What's that about?" I proceeded to explain about Aliens and Comic-Con but then was like, check this out! *flip!* People got a laugh and thought it was cool. There is totally someone else in my office who went to SDCC 2010 and has this shirt too, gotta make sure not to double up lol

No comments:

Post a Comment