Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Hiatus: Trash We'd Love tour 2009



I got this shirt shipped to me from Japan.
My friend Moke and I found this shirt on a Japanese rock apparel website (Rock1). We had to have the awesome guys at this exporting site Flutter Scape hook us up with the exclusive item.
http://rock1.shop4.makeshop.jp/shopdetail/103000000002/product/
The shirt is, I guess, Japanese style. It is very light fabric and it is actually a "large" which ends up fitting me just fine. The printing on it is done in halftone dots in one color, but they achieve a very cool effect when they did it.
The design is really different than a lot of my other shirts. This high quality design is either a symptom of buying a shirt that is from another region (and their concepts seem unique and exotic to me) or that I'm buying from a higher tier or fashion than I'm used to. It's stylized and rough, it feels like brush strokes but has that hint of modern design with the halftone dot pattern. The front is their graphic for this album, which is a moth with the name below it; it is very mysterious (kinda random) and cool. The name of the band is just below it and is wedded nicely together; the style of the graphic and the font work perfectly together. Since this is actually their 2009 tour shirt the back showcases all the stops on their tour. Interestingly enough, even though they're all locales in Japan, they decided to put all of the names and cities in roman characters (basically English).
This is a real, official shirt. I love this band and their music, so I was super motivated to find and purchase a tour shirt of theirs. I want to wear this as much as possible. For two reasons: 1) as a huge fan, I want to tell everyone about The Hiatus (cuz they rock out loud); and 2) because finding, tracking down and purchasing this particular piece of clothing took a certain amount of work and persistence. However since Moke got one to I need to make sure that we don't wear it on the same day we hang out, cuz we both love wearing this shirt.

The story of how I got this actually shipped to me was an awesome exploration of the Internet, global commerce and a dash of foreign relations. All of this coming together with an overseas friendship which was forged and still lasts to this day! The site that hosted this product would only ship to locations within Japan, so we had to find a way around this bothersome policy. Through some research, we found this awesome little site called "Flutter Scape." They would be our friend in Japan! We sent them a message to see if they could acquire this rare item for us. They said they would be happy to, for a small fee they made a listing on their website for the item, I bought it and our fate was sealed! Once I got the shirt I was so stoked and surprised at how easy it was to get such a peculiar item all the way from Japan with such little fuss! This first purchase opened up whole new world of shopping adventure! You can now order from a wide variety of users in Japan and just browse their finds for new, rare, or wacky items direct from the source. All of this culminated when we met the core Flutter Scape team on our trip to Japan this summer. Hiro and the gang are the most chill group of guys who take real pride in their site: finding new trends and ways they can expand to meet the needs of their patrons abroad.
http://www.flutterscape.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment