Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Rad is rad! Final Fantasy Tactcs



This is a shirt that I had custom made and ordered online.
My buddy Joe bought this for me and a few other shirts for himself that were up on CafePress.
http://www.cafepress.com/
I like this type of printing and fabric quality. It uses this tan fabric, which claims to be organic but who can tell these days. This type of material allows for simple, color graphics to be printed on the shirt without needing expensive inks or complicated screening processes. Lord knows I need more color diversity in my wardrobe, so this is a great add. When you custom order it, it can come in any size, so I snagged a medium and Joe got something larger.
Because this shirt was a custom print, I could place whatever I wanted on it. I have been a fan of the Final Fantasy Tactics series since I played them way back in the late '90s. However there was little to no merchandise for the game. I suppose now they have little figures but that's hardly up to par. At the time, I felt like I needed to close the merch gap a bit so I designed this. The tag line for this is "Rad is rad!" This refers to the first squire who usually joins your party in this game. Essentially making this shirt an obscure reference in an already obscure game. The Final Fantasy Tactics logo is prominently displayed on the back.
I don't have too many times that seem appropriate for this shirt. It's a really specific crowd that I'm trying to reach. You would have to have played the game more than a little bit and have gotten the Rad character as well as remember about it like 10 years later. I enjoy wearing this at work or when buying retro games, maybe out at a convention or video game club.

Since Cafepress's system works so well on light materials that, if designed well, can look like real shirts. I've worn this around a few times with success. A couple of, "I love that game!" and one or two, "I remember that game, nice~" The comment that I Telly get a kick out of goes something like, "Wow, I didn't know they had Tactics shirts! How old is that?" I get to reply to this by boasting about my nearly one of a kind trinket and then we can talk about how awesome Tactics was.

No comments:

Post a Comment