Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hard Rock Cafe: San Antonio (I Voted)


My Mom gave me this shirt as a souvenir.
She got it on one of her business trips to a library conference. Of course she picked it up from the Hard Rock Cafe in San Antonio, Texas. As far as I know, that is the only place you can pick one up.
https://rockshop.hardrock.com/
This is their traditional layout for these shirts: white, full color on the front and nothing on the back. No frills, it is what it is.
However, even though this shirt is simple, basic even, it does have a history and story to it. The basic parts of this shirt are the traditional Hard Rock Cafe logo in its usual maroon and yellow. The city is added on in brown underneath, marking where the shirt has traveled from. Today it's San Antonio. Even though it's real basic the shirt is simple and sticks to a formula that works. They've been doing this for years and they don't yet need to rock the boat, quite yet (even if rocking is their job XD).
I really like this line of shirts. It speaks a language of easy living and living on the edge. With each location comes a different feeling, a different commentary on how your life can be lived. Rocking out in San Antonio is a special kind of rock, you're going to have some BBQ in the air and you better believe it's going to be a little bit (if not a lot) country.
I'd wear this I'd I'm headed to a BBQ or the county fair. I've never been to one, but I would imagine this would go really well at a country/line dancing bar. It really gives the visage of being a real Midwest American, someone who likes what he likes because that's all that you would ever want (kind of an, "ignorance is bliss" thing). I might need to take off the glasses to pull this one off =P

I think one of the most intriguing parts of this shirt is that you can infer and deconstruct what it means depending on who is wearing it. The fascinating part is that depending on how much or little you know about San Antonio, your perception of the person representing it changes. Maybe I'm a country boy, maybe I'm a city boy from urban Texas, to be honest, I think I've only been to the airport in Texas hahah =D

No comments:

Post a Comment