Monday, November 1, 2010

Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers

Bought this shirt for myself after a long time of searching.
I found this in a Hot Topic in the City Walk near Universal Studios when Zan and Lulu and I were waiting to see the new Karate Kid (Kung Fu Kid); I even went into the dressing room right after I bought it and put it on.
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Apparel/TShirts/NoveltyTees/Chip-n-Dale-Rescue-Rangers-TShirt-250053.jsp
A blue shirt! Well, a light blue shirt but close enough. I really want to pick up more non-black shirts, that is to say that I try to whenever possible. And of course the distressed look is where it's at for a shirt that full of nostalgia.
All this is is the logo from the title card of the show. Nothing on the back but honestly this is all I would ever want out of a shirt like this. It's full color and with the worn out look, (which I'm morally opposed to because I like wearing out shirts myself and being genuine about it) but since this is the only shirt featuring Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers (short of making one myself) it's cool.
I like to wear this shirt as much as possible. Since it took me so long to find a Hot Topic that had this shirt so that means I really like this franchise and want to show it off.

I went to Long Beach Comic Con this weekend with this nostalgia bomb on. I was feeling pretty awesome just wearing my interests on my sleeve. I got a few "nice shirt!" comments which I was pretty stoked to receive from fellow fans. I had one of the artists in the artists alley ask where I got it and I had to be like "Hot Topic" *cringe*. The coolest thing however was the guys at the Boom Studios booth noticing it and being like, "Hey, have you heard about the new Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers comic?" And I was like, "Yeah, you have no idea how ready I am for that comic!" Also got Mark Waid to sign some stuff there!
http://www.boom-kids.com/series/title?series_id=661&name=Chip%20'N%20Dale%20Rescue%20Rangers

No comments:

Post a Comment