Thursday, April 28, 2011

Red Lantern



I got this one for myself about a year after the ones I've already posted.
This shirt is from the same booth at Wondercon. The awesome guys at Graphitti made all of these Lantern shirts and I am, let's say, eternally grateful. They were about twenty bucks a piece so I had to make a tough decision to get them since I only brought so much money for the convention. You can still get them at any LCS or online -it's a really popular corps-.
http://www.graphittidesigns.com/shop/RED-LANTERN-SYMBOL-T-Shirt.html
I am okay dropping a little more than normal on these shirts because they are so high quality. The fabric and ink is just about the best that you can get other than embroidery or something like that. Red shirts are great attention grabbers, and that's really what I'm looking for in apparel. Comic book references and bold graphics help too.
I love these shirts, they're so easy to describe and so simple in concept. Even though they're just t-shirts I feel like this is as far towards a costume that I can casually wear around. I mean, how awesome would it be to open up a jacket to this and be a kick ass superhero for just a second. The shirt is red and the logo is of the Red Lantern corps. They are RAGE INCARNATE! Lead by Atrocitus, anyone who has great rage within their heart will be chosen to join him in sector 666. Literally they will vomit up all their blood which is replaced with red hot plasma, it's so fucking metal. The red lantern oath is just as brutal as you would hope:
With blood and rage of crimson red,
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
Together with our hellish hate,
We'll burn you all--That is your fate!
The Red Lantern corps is a shirt that fits when crushing your enemies, laying waste to civilization, exterminating the weak or hangin' with the bros. This is one of e few corps that people on the fringe of comics should be able to recognize -the logo or the burning red light, or that mad look in your eye-.

The trade paperback that goes with this is called "The Rage of the Red Lanterns". In it you find out that the Guardians killed everyone in Atrocitus' sector except the 5 core members. They have vowed to unleash their anger all over the Green Lantern corps. The stage is now set for something epic. It makes for an amazing tale and... really gets the blood flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment